NBHS Memorial Whare Pukapuka
About your Library
Role of the Whare Pukapuka;
To lift the literacy of NBHS students
Monday to Thursday 8 am – 4.15 pm and Friday 8 am – 3.30 pm
We are open all interval and from 1.20 pm at lunchtime.
- Recreational reading
- Information and assistance
- Self-service printing and photocopying for students
- Games, chess, lego – an inclusive, supervised, social space for our NBHS community
Head Librarian: Sarah Cook
Head Student Librarian for 2022: Cole Brownlie
e Books and e Audio
Our local public libraries offer eBooks and audiobooks free of charge to all members.
All you need is a library card (number) to access the electronic resources.
Further information on digital books can be found:
- Napier Libraries https://www.napierlibrary.co.nz/digital-library/ebooks-and-eaudiobooks/
- Hastings District Libraries https://www.hastingslibraries.co.nz/your-reading/elibrary/
Membership of the library service is free to all residents of Napier City and Hastings District. There is no minimum age for joining, but those under the age of 16 years, their parent or guardian will need to present ID.
We welcome our school community into the NBHS Memorial Library. The library is an inclusive space for reading, researching, games or just to relax and socialise during break times. Boys are welcome to provide suggestions and we are happy to accommodate requests for books and games wherever possible and appropriate. We are always happy to support the boys in their learning journey. Ngā Mihi.Sarah Cook, Head Librarian
Epic is a range of articles from magazines, newspapers, and encyclopedias. Use EPIC discovery to search across multiple databases at once - There should be a link to this on the epic home page.
See the librarian for login details if you are off-site.
Search the library catalogue
- Log into your library account to request books, find out when your books are due and see what's new in the library.
- Click on the News tab for links to useful resources
- Click on the reading list tab for recommended book lists on popular topics and NCEA level text suggestions.