MODERN SCHOOL WITH A RICH PAST
Napier Boys’ High School is a well-established school promoting traditional values and enhances these by adapting to changing needs and circumstances. It is a modern secondary school with a rich past that caters for the all-round educational needs of young men from a diverse range of contributing schools.
A comprehensive range of academic and vocational subjects are offered at all year levels to satisfy the career expectations of all students. The school also offers experience in a range of national and international assessments and academic competitions.
WE ARE GROWING
Napier Boys’ High School has grown by approximately 40% in the last six years and has recently completed an extensive building programme ($3.5m) that has resulted in 22 classrooms being built or thoroughly refurbished. The school is now in a new phase of development which will further enhance the teaching facilities of the school, including an Art /Design Suite, social science centre and entrance way.
LATEST ERO REPORT
- The school has a positive, welcoming and purposeful tone.
- Expectations based on honesty, respect, self discipline and integrity prepare boys to be ‘good men’
- Students take advantage of the opportunities to thrive and achieve inside and outside the classroom
- School trustees and leaders have high expectations for students’ learning and achievement
- Programmes are responsive to students’ needs and interests
- Teachers effectively use a wide range of strategies that support student engagement in purposeful learning
- Napier Boys’ High School is well placed to sustain and improve its performance and continue to do ‘the best for all boys’